Errors in Apple Maps app
With Apple’s Maps app you can navigate, find places and see cities. But what if you discovered a mistake on the map? Fortunately, you can easily report a problem in Apple Maps, after which Apple will investigate and correct it if necessary. In this tip, you can read how to report a problem in Apple Maps.
Report problem in Apple Maps on iOS
When using the Maps app on your iPhone, iPad and Mac you can run into all kinds of problems. From the wrong company name to incorrect search results: the app contains so much detailed information that something will definitely be wrong. And road diversion has not yet been updated, a new turn is missing or the name of a company appears incorrect. Anyone using the Maps app can report an error or desired change to Apple so that the problem can be looked into.
Reporting a problem on the iPhone and iPad works as follows:
- Open the Maps app.
- Tap the i at the top right.
- Select now Report a problem.
- You can now choose a number of options:
- Card labels – If street, company or city names are incorrect or are no longer present, you can indicate this here.
- Navigation – Did you get the wrong instruction? Were you not diverted? Let us know here.
- Ov – If the information about stations or departure times is not displayed correctly, you can report this here.
- Other problem – Here you can let us know about all other problems. For example, if the map display is not good, this is the place to be.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Then describe the problem or add a photo or screenshot.
You can also report a problem for a specific location. This works as follows:
- Open the Maps app and search for the store or specific location.
- Swipe up the location window to see more information. At the very bottom is the option Report a problem. Tap this.
- In the next screen you can change information, such as the name of the company or store or the address. You can also change things like opening hours and general information here.
Report Apple Maps error in macOS
If you want to raise a problem via the Maps app on your Mac, here’s how:
- Open the Maps app.
- Click in the menu bar Maps> Report a problem.
- Choose from a problem with map labels or public transport. If you have a different type of problem, press Other problem. Follow the steps on the screen.
If you have completed all the steps, your problem will be processed at Apple. You will receive a notification if Apple has made a change. You will then receive a push message that takes you to the Maps app, so that you can see exactly which problem has been solved.
Discover even more useful features of Apple Maps with these tips: