The arrival of cloud platforms for listening to music or watching videos on mobile has transformed smartphones into the most used devices for the use of multimedia content. For this reason we notice more and more the presence of features such as very high resolution display and audio with Dolby certification.
Sometimes a simple restart is enough
Sometimes, however, it can happen to have audio problems with your smartphone that compromise the ability to enjoy listening to a song or a video. In this guide we’re going to see what some helpful tips are for fix audio problems on Redmi Note 10, Redmi Note 10 Pro and Redmi Note 10S. In case the simple restart of the smartphone does not solve the problem, it is useful to try to follow these steps:
- check that the smartphone is not in airplane mode;
- check that silent mode is not activated or that the volume is too low;
- turn off Bluetooth;
- check that the smartphone speakers are clean and that there are no impurities that prevent them from functioning correctly;
- turn off the smartphone and change the SIM card;
- completely download and recharge the smartphone;
- restart the smartphone.
How to fix audio problems
In case the above steps did not solve the audio problems on Redmi Note 10, Redmi Note 10 Pro and Redmi Note 10S, a good idea could be to clean the cache of the phone. To do this, you need to go to the Settings menu> Storage> Cache data> press OK.
If even this solution does not have solved the problem, you can try activating the CIT menu by following these steps:
- enter the Settings menu;
- tap on the item Information on the phone;
- cap on the item All specifications;
- tap on the kernel version five times;
- select the item “Speaker” and wait for the audio test to be performed.
In some cases it is also good to check for system updates that may contain a fix for the bug.