Have you ever wished live a VIP life? Traveling, adventures, experiences, meeting successful people? And if you’ve thought about it, don’t you ever realize that you might as well get paid for it?
Roberto Buonanno, owner of Tom’s Hardware Italia and Tom’s network, behind the scenes strategist of the most important Italian influencers, shares with you today the secrets to make money on YouTube.
Earn money by making online videos is the dream of many aspiring influencers, for this reason with today’s guide we want to explain how to make money with one of the social platforms that boasts the highest number of users: YouTube.
YouTube is an excellent option to activate an online activity, in fact opening a YouTube channel is not only easy, it is free. If you know how to make the most of all our tips, from a simple hobby, YouTube could become your first source of income, as well as giving you unique emotions.
But let’s pretend for a moment that you already have your channel and want to learn how to make it profitable; you may be wondering where to start, right? There are no magic formulas for monetize on YouTube, but of the precise earning methods that we will now analyze together.
How to make money on YouTube
If you want to start a long-lasting influencer career, you’ll need to focus your strength on two platforms: YouTube and Instagram. YouTube is fundamental, because it is a platform with which you can create income disconnected from any other type of business, that is, if you have considerable traffic on YouTube, you will earn regardless of whatever activity you do.
On other social networks, such as Instagram, TikTok and Facebook, direct monetization rarely exists and for all the rest of the commercial activities you will have to do Branded Content, or advertising to a company and its products.
If you have a million followers on Instagram, the platform will not pay you anything, but if you have a considerable number of views on YouTube, YouTube will pay you, because its sales force, or Google AdSense, will place commercial content in your videos.
You can make money on YouTube through the following features:
Adsense advertising revenue: You can get them from display, overlay, and video ads. Provided you are at least 18 years of age or a legal guardian over the age of 18. This earning method also depends on the target audience of your audience, for example: if you have an audience under the age of 6, you will earn a few cents with your views. The best target with which to earn is certainly the age group between 18 and 45, possibly in sectors where direct monetization is easier: the richest at the moment are those related to financial products and technology.
This is the first earning method with YouTube, but listed below you will find earning methods that are valid only for who has already started a good career as an influencer, so he has a nice audience following him.
- Channel subscriptions: Subscribers make recurring monthly payments in exchange for special benefits offered by you. You must be 18 years old and over 1000 subscribers.
- Merchandising– Your fans can browse and purchase official merchandise related to your brand on your watch pages. You must be 18 years old and at least 10,000 registered.
- Superchat e Super Sticker: Your fans pay a certain amount to highlight their messages in chat streams. You must be 18 years old and live in a country / region where Super Chat is available.
- Log in from YouTube Premium: When a YouTube Premium subscriber watches your content, you will receive part of their subscription fee.
If on the one hand that of eAdsense advertising revenue is the most used route, on the other hand it is also one of the less profitable. On its side it has the great advantage of its simplicity: registration is a process of a few minutes and the rest is practically automatic, but there is a problem: YouTube requires a minimum of 4,000 hours of viewing in the last 12 months and a total of 1,000 subscribers before enabling monetization options with AdSense in your account.
Therefore, until you pass these thresholds, you will not be eligible for this monetization formula. So let’s see together how Youtube indirect monetization works: to have monthly revenues of at least 500-1,000 euros with Adsense your channel will have to generate hundreds of thousands of views per month.
Indirect methods of earning
- Product placement o “branded content”, example: shirts with logo, products you use during the video.
- Your merchandising and products with your brand.
- Affiliations such as: Amazon, eBay, online banking and more.
Let’s analyze them together. What does it mean to collaborate with brands? Let’s see some examples:
- Product PlacementIt is very typical on YouTube that a brand pays an influencer to showcase their products. Product Placement occurs when the company pays you to introduce the presence of one of their objects into your content.
- Merchandising: sell your own products under your brand.
- Affiliations– Receive a commission on the sales you generate through your content
Want to start MONETIZING with YouTube TODAY? Watch the video!