Karachi. Six suspected terrorists were killed in an operation by security forces in Pakistan’s restive Balochistan province. These include two top terrorist commanders. The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the media and public relations arm of the Pakistan Armed Forces, said in a statement that the paramilitary Balochistan Frontier Corps received intelligence inputs about the presence of terrorists at a hideout near Kharan district, following which the operation was launched on Friday. . As the troops of the Frontier Corps entered the area and cordoned off the area, the terrorists opened fire on them and they tried to escape from their hideout, the statement said.
Also read: Pakistan summons Indian diplomat over Assam’s anti-encroachment operation
Six terrorists, including Commander Gul Mir alias Pullen and Kalimullah Bolani, were killed after the fierce encounter, the statement said. A huge cache of arms and ammunition has also been recovered from the area. Earlier this month, armed assailants attacked a Frontier Corps convoy in Buleda area of Kech district, killing two soldiers and injuring another. On September 5, a suicide bomber targeted a Frontier Corps convoy on the Quetta-Mastung road, killing four soldiers and injuring 21 others. Later, the banned outfit Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan claimed responsibility for the suicide attack.