As you may know, NVIDIA made a great effort to limit the practice of mining in its latest RTX 30. In fact, the North American giant even took the trouble to relaunch its entire range, with a hardware limitation, with the LHR nomenclature, to make it clear, that no card (with the exception of the RTX 3090) would support the practice of cryptocurrency mining.
However, the enthusiasts of this world have done what they know best. They found a solution!
Mining limitation exceeded on NVIDIA boards? More or less!
So a lot has been done on the part of NVIDIA to ensure that their RTX 30s get into the hands of gamers, rather than being put into gigantic Ethereum mining rigs. And in fact, for a while, the 50% cap actually paid off. But that is now changing, somewhat gradually.
After all, the miners came up with a very interesting solution to the problem. After all, after first getting past the 50% limitation by unlocking 20% more performance in Ethereum mining, the mining world now has a solution capable of delivering the full computational performance of NVIDIA Ampere GPUs . Interestingly, despite not being perfect, the solution is extremely simple.
So, to have access to 100% of the computational performance of the RTX 30 boards from NVIDIA, the miners separate “the waters”. That is, 30% of the graphics card undermines Ethereum while the remaining 70% undermines another algorithm. Of course this is not as profitable as mining only and only Ether. But it’s something!
In short, the defenses that NVIDIA has raised are still not completely overturned. But it’s increasingly obvious that it’s just a matter of time before everything is over.
Still, don’t count on a return to madness like what happened in 2016/2017 and 2020/2021. Ethereum is very close to its v2.0 update, and then everything will change.