Lately, Microsoft has been paying a lot of attention to game accessibility issues. The company recently announced a range of future features for Xbox One and Xbox Series X games | S available for the maximum number of players.
Separately, for the upcoming release of Forza Horizon 5, Microsoft has provided information about what awaits players with special needs in the new racing project Playground Games. The game features the following accessibility options:
- Reduced game speed (frame rate) in single player mode. It is noted that this feature will be useful for newcomers to racing.
- High contrast mode. It will change the color scheme in the game and improve the visibility of menus and text.
- Features for players with color blindness – color blind mode and the ability to customize the color gamut.
- Setting up subtitles – it is possible to turn them on or off, adjust their size, turn on and adjust the transparency of the background, set the highlighting of keywords.
- The text elements of the menu and game interface can also be customized.
- Voice assistant that speaks the elements of the interface, menus.
- Ability to disable moving backgrounds.
These are just a few of the features that will be available to Forza Horizon 5 players immediately after release. As noted by Microsoft, there are about 400 million players with special needs in the world, and the goal of the Xbox is to provide them with the best gaming experience.