Publisher Let’s Build a Zoo released some sales figures for the game, which show that Epic Games Store clearly lags behind Steam.
Mike Rose from the publishing house No More Robots released some data from the recently released Let’s Build a Zoo, including sales data on the Epic Games Store and Steam. The difference between the two platforms is significant, to put it mildly.
Rose revealed that Let’s Build a Zoo sold out in its first seven days of sales. 32,000 units and received 500,000 dollars income, which made it possible to recoup development costs. Rose expects revenue of $ 700,000 in the first month and $ 1.5 million in the first year, which will come with updates already planned, which are expected to keep the game going.
The first country in terms of sales of the game is the United States – 26% of the total. This is followed by China (16%) and Thailand (13%). 99% copies of Let’s Build a Zoo were sold in Steamand in Epic Games Store – only the remaining 1%.
To be honest, it doesn’t make sense for us to support any PC store other than Steam. This is why we ended up ditching a lot of them (like GOG) over the years – the hassle of having to keep providing them updates when sales inevitably go down the drain.