The first season of Call of Duty: Warzone includes a mode with dogfights and more details about the start have been revealed.
For the new Warzone map Caldera not only numerous details about the areas were revealed. There is also information on content and modes for the start itself and the beginning of the first season. Including the new Vanguard Royale with aerial battles and the return of Rebirth Island.
Season 1 starts for owners of Call of Duty: Vanguard on December 8th (all others one day later). Players will then have access to all content from Vanguard and the barracks:
- 40 weapons: The 38 standard weapons from the release of Vanguard as well as two free functional weapons from the Season 1 Battle Pass. All can be personalized with unlockable camouflages, and each firearm can be further customized with up to 10 attachments at the armorer.
- Over a dozen operators: All Operator Special Forces Task Force 002–005 are ready for your deployment, and Special Forces Task Force 006 will join them in the course of the season …
- Business cards, emblems and more: Shows everyone in Warzone your progress in Vanguard since publication.
The developer will also activate an overarching progression for Vanguard and Warzone at the start of the first season. Both shops will also offer content on Vanguard.
Vanguard Royale is a new mode that focuses on new vehicles and combat in the air. The mode focuses exclusively on weapons and equipment from Vanguard. In addition, the pace of the game has been changed by adjusting radii and time collapses.
- New vehicles and dogfights. Control fighter jets that cover enemies with fire, or grab anti-aircraft cannons or trucks to bring them down from the sky. There will also be other ground vehicles, including a troop transport for all types of terrain that your squad can use to cross the island.
- A focus on guns Vanguard. Equipments can only consist of weapons Vanguard to provide more accessibility and space for experimentation. Expect all the guns on the island too Vanguard come. The operator selection is also on Vanguard-Soldiers restricted.
- Circle collapse changes, in-game events, and more.Radii and times for circular collapses are changed to allow a different game pace – especially when dogfights are ongoing. Also, expect in-game events whenever a circular collapse occurs, such as bombings and other objects from the world of Caldera and job rewards.
From December 8th, all players (including non-Vanguard owners) will have access to Rebirth Island. There you can try out weapons and operators from Vanguard.
Mini Royale and Revival will be active in Rebirth Island. Apparently, the visit is initially limited to Rebirth Island for only one day. A later return in Season 1 with other modes has already been confirmed.