Matchpoint: Tennis Championships invites you to duel with cross-platform multiplayer. There is also a new developer diary.
Like publisher Kalypso Media and developer Torus Games today will confirm the upcoming tennis simulation Match Point: Tennis Championships also offer cross-platform multiplayer. Players can show off their racquet skills by challenging friends to a match across multiple platforms. The latest developer diary provides a deeper dive into the game’s multiplayer modes and other unique features.
In the latest developer diary, the developers themselves have their say:
Producer Kevin McIntosh and Game Designer Dave McIntosh guide you through Matchpoint: Tennis Championships, detailing some of the features that will guide players to the top of the world rankings, from choosing the right coach to perfecting their individual playing style second developer diary gives a taste of the realistic tennis tactics players can look forward to.
Whether in career management or in direct duels in cross-platform multiplayer Match Point: Tennis Championships a dynamic and immersive gaming experience.
Aspiring tennis champions can warm up now: A demo of the game is now available on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. In the demo, players can try out a quick game and tutorial modes, or go head-to-head with six of the 16 licensed players, including Nick Kyrgios, Amanda Anisimova and Kei Nishikori.
Match Point: Tennis Championships Coming to Xbox Game Pass for console and PC, it will be available on July 7th, 2022 for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles (supported by Smart Delivery), PlayStation 4|5 and Windows PC. The title will be released for Nintendo Switch™ on October 20, 2022. If you want to pack your sports bag now, you can pre-order the tennis simulation with a 10% pre-order discount in the Kalypso, Microsoft and PlayStation stores
- The entry into the world of professional tennis: Matchpoint – Tennis Championships offers an extensive career mode with a unique performance-based ranking system.
- Create your own 3D tennis star:Players can customize their own tennis star’s appearance, tennis outfit and playing style (e.g. left-handed or right-handed, single-handed or double-sided backhand).
- Dominance on court as tennis pros: Matchpoint: Tennis Championships features 16 international tennis stars from the professional tournament scene such as Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori and Amanda Anisimova.
- Individual customization options for equipment and clothing: Whether rackets, shoes or clothing, Matchpoint: Tennis Championships offers a large selection of well-known tennis brands such as Babolat, YONAX, HEAD and many more. Additionally, unique gear can be unlocked by winning competitive matches.
- Mastering all types of punches and punching techniques – the key to success:Top spin, flat, lob or slice shots – your tactical decision determines the outcome of the rally.
- Local or Online Matches: Players can expect challenging AI opponents and exciting tennis duels against their friends and rivals
- Analysis of opponent’s moves and tactics: Players can watch their opponents closely in advance to see their strengths and weaknesses and gain a tactical advantage.
- The innovative coaching system: Regardless of whether you want to develop strengths or eliminate weaknesses, each of the available tennis coaches places a special focus on specific skills and improves them through selected training modules.
- Perfect your own tactics in practice mode and in mini-games: In the practice mode and various mini-games, players can practice Serve & Volley, Baseliner, Serve, Volleys, Crosses & Drives, Longline & Cross and many other common tennis tactics.
- Exhibition matches at world-renowned venues around the globe: No two tennis courts are the same– adapting to the characteristics of the different court surfaces such as grass, clay and hard courts are a must
- Capture match highlights forever: Whether breakball or the decisive point in a match, the hardest rallies can be captured on camera.