Bandai Namco And THE CA they announced the formation of a new studio called Bandai Namco Acesbased in Shinjuku, Tokyo, who will be working on the next game in the Ace Combat series and beyond.
The new studio is 51% owned by Bandai Namco and the remaining 49% by ILCA, and will leverage the know-how of both companies to deliver “deep, long-lasting, high-quality content” for PCs and consoles, including games in the series Ace Combatbut from the official press release it seems that the new team will also take charge of other projects.
Ace Combat 7
“Bandai Namco Entertainment has nurtured its experience in game production through iconic series such as Tekken and Ace Combat, while ILCA has the technical capabilities to produce high-quality content using cutting-edge technologies,” reads the official press release.
“By embracing the” Aces “name as a representative of those who are the best or leaders in any field, the new studio will leverage the know-how of both companies and continue to deliver deep, long-lasting, high-quality content to fans across the globe. world, even for the Ace Combat series. ”
ILCA and Bandai Namco have already collaborated in the past on the development of Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (here our review), which proved to be an excellent commercial success, selling over 3 million copies worldwide. In August of last year, the two companies announced that they had extended the collaboration for the next game in the series, which is currently in development.