Polissya defender Andriy Gitchenko shared his impressions of communication with boxer Oleksandr Usyk.
– Is it true that in the first six months of the war the entire team was in Turkey, the Czech Republic, Poland?
Yes, we were all together.
– Polissya won the TK Football Winter Cup. What are your impressions of the tournament?
– There were very big emotions. We prepared for this Cup and deservedly won.
– Can we say that from this moment a new Polissya begins?
– People came, the team changed a little. We had a lot of time, we were the first to go to the training camp. So the result is this.
– The great boxing champion Usyk himself played for Polissya in Turkey. What are his strengths as a football player?
– He was not with us for so long, but I will say that he did not lag behind us. Looked very good on the football field.
– How does Usyk behave in a team?
– Yes, it’s great. As a person, he is very good. There was a lot of communication with him and many interesting things he told us about himself and his training.
– Does he have any “star disease”?
– Absolutely not. He was with his son, and we communicated excellently. Learned a lot of new things for myself.
– Did the whole team watch his second fight with Joshua?
– Of course. We gathered at the base, turned it on on the big TV, and we all worried together.
– Did you predict Usyk’s victory?
– Yes, everyone believed in Sanya.