Dnipro-1 midfielder Ruslan Babenko commented on the victory over Veres Rivne (2:0) in the match of the 3rd round of the Ukrainian Premier League.
– After a phenomenal victory over Dynamo today, the opponent was of a different category. How was it to tune in and play it?
– It just seems like a different kind of opponent. After two rounds they got maximum points and went very well. Veres is a tough opponent. And although the score, I think, on the game, the match was difficult.
– You received a yellow card, and it seems that after that you played very carefully …
– So it was. Of course, I tried to play very carefully, because I understood that some moment could lead to a second yellow card. I believe that I managed to find a balance in the game: I focused more on the “second” balls.
– In a few days the team should start in the Conference Cup. What are the opinions on this? How do you prepare for the first opponent?
We’ll start preparing tomorrow. We are all looking forward to this match, because we lost in the Europa League and now we will try to score points from the first match and please our fans.
– Was the knockout from the Europa League a big blow, or does the Conference League also satisfy your ambitions?
– Yes, we really wanted to get into the Europa League group. But that is already in the past. Now we will try to rehabilitate ourselves and show a good game and take points from the first match.