Shakhtar’s director of football Darijo Srna is sure that midfielder Mykhailo Mudryk was sent off in the UPL last round match against Rukh not because of a referee’s mistake.
According to the functionary, the referee Yevgeny Aranovsky wanted to remove the player.
– Have your emotions subsided after the match against Leipzig? Getting ready for Chernomorets?
– Yes, but it’s not like we forgot everything the next day and all thoughts about the next fight. Games like with Leipzig will be remembered for a long time. But you’re right, there’s no time to celebrate, especially since it’s only the first match. Today we think about Chornomorets more than about Leipzig.
– Is everyone ready for the match?
– Some players have minor microtraumas, but everyone is in good shape, with the exception of Vitya Kornienko. And misses the match Misha Mudrik – because of the removal in the match with Rukh.
– Many experts have commented on this removal, what is your opinion?
– I believe that the removal was not even close, and the referee made a mistake. Such errors draw attention to themselves. The player is removed in the first half, the leader of the attack is removed, and this is done in cold blood and without any doubt. The Rukh player calmly continued the game, which confirms the absence of any injury and rudeness in Mudrik’s actions.
– What can you say in general about refereeing after three rounds?
– You know, it’s too early to draw any conclusions, even about the removal of Mudrik. But I always said: everyone makes mistakes. The question is, was it a deliberate mistake in the interests of the opposing team or in someone else’s interests, or is it not a deliberate mistake? Aranovsky is the most experienced referee, and in our case, I think it was a deliberate mistake. Someone from the first round saw himself in first place, and we were assigned the role of extras. Something went wrong, and we already see that the refereeing factor comes to the fore. I would not like us to talk about the judges after each round. I prefer to talk about football. But if someone motivates the arbitrators to make deliberate mistakes, we will not be silent.