The head coach of Metalist 1925 Kharkiv Valeriy Kryventsov gave his assessment of the match of the 8th round of the UPL, in which his wards were defeated by Minai with a minimum score of 0:1.
– What can you say about today’s game. What failed?
– Failed to use their moments. With the score 0:0 we had two chances, score one, I think we would have won this game. Especially considering how we spent the second half, the team acted correctly and quickly, constantly creating pressure on the opponent. I am very happy for Vitalik Ponomarya that after such a serious injury he finally got in shape and withstood ninety minutes. He is a good player and I hope he will help the team.
– Before the game, the team spent more than two hours in the shelter, did it affect it?
– Me and Minay were in the same conditions. The reason we conceded an optional goal was that we lost a player at the far post. This is an individual error of the defender. It is necessary to take a player in your zone or be responsible for the zone.
– You made only one substitution today…
– Yes, the team played well, the only thing they couldn’t manage was to score a goal. I told the guys after the game: “If we play like this, we will have many victories ahead of us.”