Kolos head coach Yaroslav Vyshniak shared his impressions of the match of the 8th round of the UPL with Shakhtar (0:3):
– It is a great luxury to concede such goals as we conceded in the first half when you play against Shakhtar. Having conceded, it is already difficult to play your game, as Shakhtar counterattacks well, everyone knows what kind of players they are and how they work with the ball. I believe this bug has had a big impact. It is difficult to retell the game further, and in the second half, only the Shakhtar team was on the football field. If in the first half we still held out and there were attempts to carry out attacks in response, then in the second half Shakhtar dominated and deservedly won, for which I congratulate them.
– What was the main idea, how did you plan to play against Shakhtar?
– Due to fast attacks. It was necessary not to give Shakhtar space, free zones, which they used perfectly in the second half. Again, the game was affected by an early goal. In the second and third goals scored, the opposing players showed individual actions: Mudryk figured it out, then they played it cool, and they could score a few more times in the second half. Today the opponent played well, but we brought the first goal to ourselves and put ourselves in an uncomfortable position.
– What are your future plans?
We are getting ready for the next matches. To date, losing to Shakhtar is not shameful, so it makes no sense to sprinkle ashes on your head. We need to sort out the mistakes and prepare for the next championship matches. Three points are up for grabs in each match and must be fought for in every match. I think we will prepare in a good mood.
– Does Bogdanov’s exit after the break indicate his readiness?
– No, we lack such a performer as Bogdanov in the center of the field so that we can hold the ball and play more combinational football. We need such a player, but in reality he is not yet ready to play, we are speeding up his training. We prepared him as best as we could, it is clear that Bogdanov is not ready yet and it is hard for him. And besides, getting under Shakhtar in its current state, under these speeds is very difficult. I repeat: we are speeding up his preparation, there is hope that he will help us in the next rounds.