To celebrate the recent announcement of The Sims 5, the new chapter of the Electronic Arts series whose code name is Project Rene, the giant of the videogame industry has decided to make a gratid gift to all gamers. The Sims 4 is in fact available for download completely free on all platforms (Steam, EA Origin for PC / Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and the latest generation console through backwards compatibility), so that everyone can enjoy the basic version of the famous simulator and evaluate whether or not to buy one of the many expansions that modify the gameplay and introduce characters and pieces of furniture. If you too are about to take advantage of this initiative to create your digital alter ego, here are a series of tips that could be for you.
If your reference platform is the PC and you intend to play using the mouse and keyboard, we suggest you learn right away which are the shortcuts that, by pressing a few keys, allow you to perform any action in a manner quick.
Here is the complete list of keyboard shortcuts for The Sims 4 PC version:
• Pausa: ‘P”https://www.everyeye.it/”0′ (zero)/’à’
• Velocità normale/alta/super: ‘1″https://www.everyeye.it/”2″https://www.everyeye.it/”3′
Shifting the view
• Move left / right: Left / right arrow or ‘A “https://www.everyeye.it/” D’
• Move forward / backward: Up / down arrow or ‘W “https://www.everyeye.it/” S’
• Move faster: Shift (hold) + camera shift
• Zoom in avanti/indietro: ‘Z”https://www.everyeye.it/”X’ oppure ‘+”https://www.everyeye.it/”-‘
• Map view yes / no: ‘M’
Live Mode – Controls for Sims and Households
• Switch to the next Sim in the household: Space / ‘N’
• Switch to a specific Sim: Click on the Sim’s portrait
• Lock Camera on a Sim: Right-click on the Sim’s portrait
• Center the view on the active Sim: Enter
Build Mode – Tools for placing objects
• Undo / Redo: Ctrl + ‘Z’ / Ctrl + ‘Y’
• Rotate the object: ‘,’ or ‘.’ after selecting the object
• Delete the object: Delete / Back
• Activate free placement: Alt (while holding the object)
• Activate free rotation: Alt (while rotating the object)
• Move in space: ‘M’
• Grid yes / no: ‘G’
• Select the Wall tool: ‘B’
• Top view yes / no: ‘T’
• Place a quarter tile yes / no: Ctrl + ‘F’ (while holding the floor tile)
• Fill the area: Shift (while holding the floor tile)
• Build a room: Shift (while holding the wall)
“Create a Sim” mode
• Switch to the next Sim: Space
Menu in Debug
Is your Sim stuck somewhere on the map, or did they go on an errand and never come back? No problem, since The Sims 4 is a complex title and such hiccups could happen to anyone.
In cases such as those described, it is possible to access the Debug Menu and unlock the situation in a few simple steps on both PC and console. Here’s how to access this special menu:
• PC: press Ctrl + Shift + ‘C’, then type without quotes ‘testingcheats true’ and finally press Enter
• Mac: press Cmd + Shift + ‘C’, then type without quotes ‘testingcheats true’ and finally press Return
• PlayStation and Xbox: Press and hold all four shoulder buttons at the same time (R1 + L1 + R2 + L2 on PS4 / PS5, RB + LB + RT + LT on Xbox)
Once you have accessed the special menu, select the Sim to fix and select the option titled ‘Reset an item (debug)’. To disable the menu in question just reopen the command console and enter the code ‘testingcheats false’.
Take advantage of the tricks
Unless you want to play strictly and respecting the rules, we can only suggest that you spice up your games thanks to the use of tricks. In The Sims 4 it is in fact possible to insert some lines of code that allow you to obtain generous amounts of money, live in luxury neighborhoods without worrying about the costs, unlock hidden objects or modify the statistics of the Sims and make sure that they do not annoy you with the their ongoing needs. In order to use the tricks you must follow the steps indicated above to access the Debug Menu, enter a code via physical or virtual keyboard and finally confirm to obtain the desired effect.
Below are some of the most popular cheats in The Sims 4:
• Motherlode Code – Effect: Add 50,000 Simoleons to your account
• Code ‘FreeRealEstate on’ – Effect: allows you to move to any other apartment
• Code ‘bb.showhiddenobjects’ – Effect: Unlock hidden objects in the “Build” catalog
• Code ‘bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement’ – Effect: Makes career items available for purchase in the Build Catalog
If you want to know more about what are the follies that can be done with codes, know that on the pages of Everyeye you will find the complete list of The Sims 4 cheats.
Download houses and Sims
Are you short of ideas for creating a character or do you not want to furnish a new apartment? Then you should definitely take a look at the Gallery, a valuable feature for all PC players of The Sims 4. By visiting the official website of the Gallery, created by the developers themselves, you can access a particularly rich database of models of characters and houses that they can be downloaded and used in the title for free.
The portal also includes an in-depth filter system that will allow you to search for everything you need or browse the most popular content from other users. Observing the lots present in the Gallery could also be useful for PlayStation and Xbox players: in this case you will not be able to download the contents, but you can use them as a reference to reproduce them faithfully in your game, perhaps using tricks to obtain the Simoleons necessary to purchase. everything.