Ex-coach of Metalist and Dnipro Myron Markevich commented on the situation with the possible transfer of the Dnipro-1 forward Artem Dovbik.
– You have discovered many young talents. I remember that in the Dnieper, 17-year-old Dovbik was taken to the training camp with the base, then Nazarina.
– Dovbik appeared in the Dnieper with me. They brought it to me and showed it to me. The guy is capable, textured, but it was necessary to work with him. I took it immediately to the collection in the Netherlands. He trained and played with the base. Then he took Nazarina to the pre-season training camp, Kochergin, Balanyuk, and many young guys.
Did you immediately see the potential in them?
– Dovbik was still damp, so I asked Mikhailenko, who worked with U-21, to work with him individually. Pull it up. As for Nazarina, I immediately liked him. He has a bright head. I am glad that Dovbik and Nazarina are now part of the Ukrainian national team.
– Do you think that Dovbik has already outgrown the Ukrainian Championship, should he go abroad faster?
Of course he needs to leave. Play in a team where the partners are of a higher level to add.
– Which championship is more suitable for Dovbik? Where could he reveal his best qualities and play, and not sit on the bench?
– Recently, I have not followed which clubs are applying for Dovbik. It seems to me that he can go to Italy calmly.
– And what are the prospects for Nazarina at Shakhtar?
– There are a lot of young guys in Shakhtar now, so Nazarina has a chance to play in this team. Everything will depend on him.