O WhatsApp added a new rimage blur feature in its most recent update. Now, both iOS and Android users, as well as those using the software in the desktop version, can send photos, applying the new effect, without having to resort to another application to do so.
The possibility of blurring an image is a hand in the wheel especially for those who use instant messenger for work. You can, for example, blur brands to avoid free advertisements, and even hide elements or people that you don’t want to appear clearly in your photo.
Today TecMundo brings the step by step of how to use the tool to blur photos in whatsapp. Check out!
How to blur photos by WhatsApp?
1. Open the WhatsApp application on your smartphone or desktop application;
2. Then choose the conversation you want to send the image to;
3. Once there, hit the camera icon to upload an image or take a photo;
The icon with the symbol of a camera is located at the bottom of the screenSource: Reproduction / TecMundo
4. After choosing the image, in the WhatsApp photo editing options, select the “Draw” icon, as shown in the image below;
The icon for the “Draw” option is at the top of the screen, on the right side Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
5. Then choose the last brush on the right to create the blur effect;
The new brush brings the effect of blurring parts of an image before sending it to a contactSource: Reproduction / TecMundo
6. Slide your finger (or the mouse if you are using the desktop application) over the area of the image where you want to create the blur effect;
Realize how much you can blur parts of an image in WhatsAppSource: Reproduction / TecMundo
7. After making the changes, press the “Ok” button, located at the top of the screen on the left;
It is necessary to press “Ok” for the changes to be savedSource: Reproduction / TecMundo
8. Now, write a caption, if necessary, and send the blurred image to your contact. Remembering that you can send the normal way, or also the temporary.
Before sending the photo to a WhatsApp contact, it is possible to add a caption to itSource: Reproduction / TecMundo
Now that you know how to apply the effect, you no longer need to resort to other photo editing apps just to blur your images.
And you, did you have any doubts? Tell us on our social media!