“God of War Ragnarök” took the top spot in the British charts last week, leaving blockbusters like “Modern Warfare 2” and “FIFA 23” behind.
Unsurprisingly, God of War Ragnarök, released last week, topped the UK boxing game charts. The Kratos adventure did not manage to become the biggest launch of the year on the market there. However, the PS4 and PS5 title in this ranking was only beaten by the long-running bestseller “FIFA 23”.
But that also means that God of War Ragnarök managed to surpass the launch successes of blockbusters like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Elden Ring and Pokemon Legends Arceus. to surpasswhereby it must be taken into account that the UK charts only relate to the packaged games and not to the digital sales, the relevance of which is constantly increasing.
Information was also given on the distribution. Accordingly, 82 percent of sales of “God of War Ragnarök” are attributed to the PS5 version, while the remaining 18 percent was attributed to the PS4 version.
Bundle dominated PS5 sales
God of War Ragnarök didn’t just come out as a separate game. A package was also put together with the PS5, which sold out in no time at all. According to GfK data, the official bundle accounted for 12 percent of God of War Ragnarök’s retail sales, accounting for 60 percent of all console sales last week.
It was already announced last Friday that “God of War Ragnarök” in relation to the franchise largest sales launch in Great Britain could lie down. The sequel outsold 2018’s God of War by 51 percent in its first week and became the third best-selling installment in the series after just one week.
The information explicitly applies to the British retail market. However, similar results may have been achieved in other countries. The actual sales figures are open, and sooner or later information should follow.
More God of War Ragnarok news:
“Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2” took second place in the British retail charts last week, followed by “FIFA 23” and the newcomer “Sonic Frontiers”. Below is the overview:
UK charts for the past week
(Neu) God of War Ragnarok
( 1 ) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
( 2 ) FIFA 23
(Neu) Sonic Frontiers
( 3 ) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
( 4 ) Nintendo Switch Sports
( 12 ) Horizon: Forbidden West
( 5 ) Splatoon 3
( 7 ) Animal Crossing: New Horizons
( 8 ) Minecraft (Switch)
More God of War Ragnarok UK Charts News.
Discuss this news on the PlayStation Forum
Links to Amazon, Media Markt, Saturn and some other retailers are usually affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we receive a small commission that we can use to finance the free-to-use site. You have no disadvantages.