Captain of Kyiv “Dynamo” Sergey Sydorchuk said that he is now making up for gaps in the study of the history of Ukraine.
– Not that actively, but I’m reading now. I was wondering where I had spaces. I read about Kruty. Read about 100 most influential events in the history of Ukraine. They gave me a book on the history of Ukraine, they have a YouTube channel named after T.G. Shevchenko. They are very interesting. I’ve been since the first editions. I have now read more than half of the book. Curious. How did it begin, why do we look like this, why this territory of Ukraine differs from this one, why did we think so, why did Western Ukraine always perceive everything a little differently. Everything opens your eyes. It’s curious.
– Highlighted your top historical figures.
– Probably, this is Bohdan Khmelnitsky the first. Philip Orlyk (Pylyp Orlyk – Ukrainian). There was also one Hungarian prince who went to fight for Ukraine against the Russian Empire (Vasil Vyshyvany, Austrian archduke from the Habsburg dynasty – ed.).
– We did not realize the significance of Bandera before …
– I also had an opinion about him, but now it has changed dramatically. When you were presented on one tray. The same about Stus until recently. A few years ago I watched a documentary about Solovki, I saw how it is possible at all,” Sidorchuk said.
Leave a Reply