Futsal player of the Ukrainian national team Artem Farenyuk summed up the results of the friendly match with Poland and spoke about the preparations for the 2024 World Cup qualifier against the Netherlands.
– Artem, how can you sum up the test match with Poland? How useful is this sparring for our team?
– Friendly duel with the Poles definitely benefited us. The Ukrainian national team has not held UTZ and matches for a long time. It’s good that we won the sparring before the official meeting.
– After the match, there were quite a lot of photos of fans with the players of the Ukrainian national team on social networks. How nice is it to feel such support abroad?
– It was very pleasant to play in full stands, especially since there were many of our fans in Kołobrzeg. I would like to thank them for their warm support. We felt almost at home.
– The Ukrainian national team took first place in the group ahead of schedule (in the World Cup qualification – ed.). To what extent does this fact affect the team’s motivation before the last match?
“Nothing has changed for us. We are preparing for the duel with maximum concentration. We want to win.
– How would you characterize your future opponent – the Netherlands national team?
– The opponent plays at a fairly good level. Quite technical players have been selected in the Netherlands national team. The style of this team is similar to Poland.
– Some players of our team noted the principled confrontation with the Netherlands after the defeat at the European Championship. Is she present now?
– We remember the defeat from the Netherlands at the Euro. We have no right to make such mistakes as then. On Wednesday, we will again face the opponent on his court. We will try to realize the opportunities created and act disciplined in defense.
Leave a Reply