The captain of the women’s biathlon team of Ukraine Olena Bilosyuk commented on the 6th place in the mixed relay at the seventh stage of the World Cup in Nove Mesto, Czech Republic.
– What are your feelings during the last stage?
Until recently, I believed, hoped, prayed. One could see the excitement of Anton Dudchenko and, of course, he tried. But I couldn’t watch the last shooting – the emotions were too great. The fact that Anton made a mistake, I perceive it as normal. Because she herself in the last few relay races “screwed up” more than the whole team taken together. Therefore, you can only sincerely support him. And after the race, I told him that with this start he became head and shoulders stronger. Of course, this is difficult to survive, but it is a fact.
– Perhaps, if I had watched the last shooting, I would have helped Anton a little with vibes?
– I think millions of people were praying in Ukraine at that moment, and there were enough vibes. But from my own experience I can say that when there are periods when relay races finish far from the leading positions this year, it is very difficult to switch right away if you suddenly find yourself in the top three. You also need to be prepared for this – both physically and mentally. Therefore, for my part, only support for Anton.
– What words did you find for Anton after the finish?
I told him we still love you. And hugged.
– Sixth place – success or disappointment? Rational and emotional.
“I would rather classify it as a success. Because this year is really difficult for us, in all respects. In every race we fight, we try. Diseases this winter simply haunt us. And you fight with yourself, and with the track, and with the weather – with everything. And with critics. And we still remember the standings of the Nations Cup, quotas. Yes, they could have been fourth, perhaps even third, but they could have been tenth. So far, this is the best relay of the season, so we are happy. And the race was great: emotional and competitive on our part, everyone gave their all absolutely to the maximum. We all cheered for each other and just enjoyed this relay race.
Leave a Reply