Shakhtar Donetsk defender Valeriy Bondar commented on the victory over Zorya Luhansk (3:0) in the match of the 28th round of the Ukrainian Premier League.
– We have two more fights in the championship. In the standings we have “+5”. Everything now depends on us. We do not look at the games of Dnipro-1 and Zorya. Today we went out with one thought – to win. Our goal is to become champions of Ukraine. Of course, on such a day we wanted to please our fans, we succeeded. I think we showed mature football today. We fully deserve this victory.
— Was it the best match of Shakhtar Donetsk in the spring?
– I think yes. Zorya is third in the table. Before the match, we read the statements of the Luhansk team players about the upcoming game. There were a lot of words before the match.
Did these words hurt you?
– If you have ambitions, if you fight for the championship, then it hurts you. I believe that we completely outplayed the opponent.
– Did you beat Zorya due to the experience of such important games?
– The strategy and tactics of our coaching staff worked. We played well both in defense and in attack. We didn’t let Zorya’s players show their best qualities.
– You saw the moment with the removal of Snurnitsyn up close. What happened there?
– The opponent ran behind Zubkov and just hit him in the legs. It’s not football, it’s MMA, whatever. Soon the referee could give a second red card to Brazhko. Literally without a leg, Sikan walks in the locker room now. I don’t know where the VAR referee is looking. But at least it’s good that VAR works in decisive matches. It helps referees make the right decisions.
– In the game Zorya – Shakhtar, there are no special questions for the match referee Shandor?
– Today the referee and his assistants figured everything out. There are no questions.