The captain of Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih Dmitry Khomchenovsky commented on the victory over Metalist 1925 Kharkiv (2:0) in the match of the 29th round of the Ukrainian Premier League.
– The game against Metalist 1925 turned out to be very hard for Kryvbas…
– The match, which took place at such a high temperature, turned out to be quite tense. We were helped a lot by the goal scored by Maxim Zaderaka at the beginning of the second half. Then we were able to bring the game to a victorious end.
– Did the first goal decide everything in this meeting?
– I think yes. I understand that it was difficult for the Kharkiv team to accept the fact that already in the 46th minute of the meeting they were losing. Psychologically, it was difficult for Metalist 1925 players.
– Still, the hosts could equalize the score already in stoppage time. Didn’t Kryvbas defenders spot their opponent?
Yes, we were lucky there. They didn’t follow Dmitrenko. There was a transfer from the flank, and he just missed the goal. If we missed it, things would be different.