The 37-year-old goalkeeper of Minai Oleksandr Bandura, in an exclusive interview with Aroged, expressed his opinion about his team, which, we recall, took eighth place in the final standings of the Ukrainian Premier League of the 2022/2023 season.
– After Minai was headed by Vladimir Sharan, the Citizens behaved rather modestly in the transfer market. However, despite everything, the experienced leader managed to create a combat-ready team.
– I’ll be honest: it’s unrealistic to invite “stars” to Minai, because our club budget is the smallest in the UPL. Therefore, we achieved what we wanted thanks to fighting qualities, cohesion, and precise implementation of coaching guidelines. On the other hand, it is still unknown what is better: to have solid financial conditions, however, which are not always met, or less attractive, but when everything earned is paid on time. Therefore, we should pay tribute to the club management, which made sure that everything was in order on all the “fronts”.
– Why is Vladimir Sharan strong as a coach?
– Respects order. Knows how to find an approach to the wards, using all their best qualities for the benefit of the team.
– Who should be singled out among teammates?
– No, because we were a strong team. Although individually, some players added before our eyes, in particular, Yegor Tverdokhleb. It is no coincidence that he is now in the field of view of breeders of more eminent clubs.