Forward LNZ Maxim Pryadun commented on the victory over Lviv “Rukh” (2:1) in the match of the 7th round of the UPL and spoke about his adaptation to the Cherkasy team.
– When you win, there is always a better atmosphere in the locker room. Victories give an incentive to grow and smile.
– How difficult was the last championship match against Rukh?
– “Rukh” had never lost before meeting with us. We sorted out the opponent and prepared for them very seriously. We really wanted to win. So it was difficult, but we managed. Fortunately, their goal did not break us, we pulled ourselves together and achieved the result. It was the day of the city of Cherkassy, so we really wanted to win.
– It’s impossible not to ask about the episode with your goal, which the referee experts assessed differently. Can you describe it as you saw it with your own eyes?
– I decided to beat my opponent, I beat him. There was a touch of feet between us. I don’t know if I stepped on his foot, because I myself felt the blow on my heel. I might fall too. And I wonder how VAR would have assessed this episode; perhaps they would have awarded a penalty. I continued moving and when I fell the ball almost stopped but touched my hand. I decided to play the episode to the end. And when the boys came running to celebrate, I told them that the ball touched the hand, so they might not count it.
– How can you evaluate the start of the season for the team?
“We seem to be gaining points, so it’s not bad.” Of course, in some matches we could have played better and taken more points, but it is what it is. We are in the middle of the standings, we want to stay there and win in the future.
– How do you think you have already adapted to the new team?
– When I came to LNZ, I knew maybe three or four players. Therefore, everything was new and the people were new. It wasn’t easy, but everything seemed to be fine.
Now LNZ is in 11th place in the UPL standings, having received 7 points in 7 matches. The Cherkassy team has 2 wins and 1 draw.